Students with an MBS in Urban Environmental Analysis & Management can work in urban planning, the environment, transport planning, and economic development.
The growing international competition in science innovation has created a demand for professionals who possess a unique skill set -- a balance of scientific training and business savvy. Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is helping professionals respond to this challenge with a new degree: the Master of Business and Science (MBS). The MBS degree is part of a national movement of Professional Science Masters programs that brings together masters level study in science, engineering, and math with plus courses in business and policy. The MBS is a STEM degree.
The Master of Business & Science degree at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is a hybrid degree combining courses from an MS and MBA. Students choose an applied science concentration and that is paired with a business curriculum. The business curriculum consists of core courses in finance and accounting, marketing, communication and leadership, management of science and technology electives, ethics and a capstone course covering entrepreneurship and intrapreneurship.
* Resource Sustainability
* Air Pollution Measurement
* Geographic Information System
* Analytical Methods in Urban Environmental Pollution
* Environmental Soil Geochemistry
* Environmental Geology
* Applied Groundwater Modeling
* Electrical Environmental Geophysics
* Ground Penetrating Radar or Remote Sensing of Environment
* Introduction to Solid Waste Problems
* Site Remediation
* Environmental Impact Analysis
* Global Environmental Problems
* Ecological Risk Assessment
* Environmental Microbiology
* Legal Aspects in Environmental Engineering
* Hazardous Site Operations
* Physical Geography
* Hazardous Waste Management
* Environmental Problem Solving
* Quantitative Environmental Risk Assessment
* Toxicology for Engineers and Scientists
Each university in the Unites States of America sets its own admission standards so there isn't the same criteria for all the students and the university can decide which applicants meet those standards. The fee for each application is between $35 to $100.
After the selections of the universities you want to attend, the best of all would be to contact each university for an application form and more admission information for the international students. Moreover, for a graduate or postgraduate program it's necessary to verify the admission requirements. Some programs require that you send your application directly to their department.
Admissions decisions are based on students's academic record and different test scores, such as TOEFL, the SAT or ACT (for undergraduate programs) and GRE or GMAT (for graduate programs). Admission decision is based on your academic results and motivation.
If you are pursuing a master's degree or professional, terminal degree, Rutgers can help you find fellowships and scholarships to support your advanced study.
The Rutgers name is recognized everywhere, and a Rutgers degree makes a great first impression. Weve built our academic reputation on solid accomplishments:
* Rutgers is a memberso are Harvard, Yale, and Berkeleyof the prestigious Association of American Universities, the 61 leading research universities in North America.
* More than 175 Rutgers research centers support pioneering work in stem cells, climate change, DNA analysis, and more.
* Rutgers international reputation draws top students from more than 130 countries and all 50 states.